I am new on the forum but reading about Ergo for few months. I also had few chats with kushti and mx back in 2014-15, and I believe we were and still are on the same page. I am also an old Bitcoiner, mined ~500 bitcoins in 2010 with GPUs. I am still a big proponent of magic internet p2p money, but Bitcoin became way too boring with its blocksize civil war, Blockstream and so on.
I think I’ve found my long awaited ideal in Ergo:
- Digital gold
- Programmable money with effectively no limits
- Emission. kushti once said in TG that emission during first two years is too high likely. I think that the emission is just right from the perspective of storage rent based economy, tokens must flow around now, motivate people make them useful, so to do applications which will create more data on the chain means more mining income in future.
- Better privacy, sigma protocols
- Generic protocol with privacy tools, oracles and stablecoins as applications on top of it, that’s much better than Haven or Beam or other bold protocols.
Now, what’s needed (just two cents of mine for sure):
- More wallets, with the specific economic model users should be motivated to keep in wallets.
- More promotion among old Bitcoiners (like me), cypherpunks, developers. Anons already doing amazing job, we need more of them.
- Make mining more transparent and accessible.
- I love Ergo because core folks here do not hesitate to call ergs money. Do not be shy and go against current terrible DeFi flow with the true programmable money by showing applications and also finding and promoting a right attitude.
I see that many folks are asking for Binance. After analyzing orderbooks for awhile I think even Coinex is okay for couple of months, wallets are more important now. After Yoroi a big exchange will change a lot, Ergo will be in $1-2 range. Eventually Ergo explosion is predefined.
I am thinking how can I help the Ergo community. If you have any ideas please let me know.