Ergonauts Talking About Life

@Grayman I’ve left behind the midnight sun in search of something bright…

Gray, how are things on your end? Still securing the network?

I’ve waited some time to respond to you. I’m still piecing together how to describe my situation.

After nearly a decade of travel, I am as far out as I dare to go. If I were to travel deeper, I’m afraid of what I would find.

I think this is it for me. I’ve traveled to some of the edges of earth in search of what human society can be. And I’ve found what I was looking for.

I’m in an old and gentle culture. These people live as they have for as many generations as they can remember.

This wasn’t what I was looking for, but in retrospect it’s what I should have expected

2 Likes

Sounds mysterious, and maybe should stay that way, but I am glad if you are happy. You do sound a little like Pvt. Witt in The Thin Red Line, but hopefully your future is better and brighter.

Yes, I’m still mining to support the network, in fact I may rededicate and finish building a second rig. I’ve joined the ErgoSigmanauts mining pool, and we are going to redefine the way that POW is practiced.

Life has a bunch of continuing complications, but I am slowly handing off painful customers and getting to a reasonable set of daily activities. Feels good man. I’ve got the next one lined up in my sights, just need to make some introductions. At some point, the goal is to take more time to enjoy life, and help my kids launch. It’s good man. Life is good.

It’s always good to hear from you here.

2 Likes

Don’t dream too long, or it will require another life! Sometimes, the only way is to push forward. Natural birth is an example.

I think that music speaks to a different part of us. You can see it in how animal react to music. It is something that preceded this time.

2 Likes

Glad that life is good for you. Always a pleasure to hear from you too. It sounds like you are nearing a soft retirement.

What’s the ErgoSigmanauts pool?

Don’t look too deeply into the mysterious description. I write about what interests me. Until I learn more a mysterious description is what I can accurately say about this mysterious place and people.

Daily life here is filled with people. It’s rare to find moments of privacy to sit and ponder worries in my life. At night, when everyone is going to bed, I like to stand outside and watch the stars.

There were places and people along the way where I could have ended my journey sooner. I passed up owning land, collecting a second citizenship, and living by the ocean with a lover. I didn’t pass up new experiences, foods, cultures, and good friends. I feel it in my gut that it was a worthy trade. All of these years of travel to end in one of the least traveled places. I’m planting deep roots here. I have reliable friends, a community, and a future I look forward to. It’s a good life :slight_smile:

Still HODLing ERG. My finances are separate from my investment. Not worried about the price as long as the network is secure.

2 Likes

The ErgoSigmanauts mining pool is a project of the Sigmanauts to develop the state of the art of mining. I think the first significant hurdle is to figure out how to extract storage rent, including tokens, and distribute them to the pool. Future directions could include improving the UI/UX for solo mining, LITHOS development, and maybe mining on the xBox!

Enjoy the mystery, it’s the journey.

If you intend to HODL long term, you should look into HodlERG3… it will scratch the degen itch.

I’ll keep an eye out to read more from you here. If you ever get to North Carolina, let me know and I’ll feed you like a king.

1 Like