I hate to ask this.......can't find my Miner Address......not Miner IP Address

HI, setting ergo.herominers.com on a new laptop and cannot figure out my miner address. I keep getting the “Error: We haven’t seen that IP for your address” message.
Feeling like I am missing something basic.

THANKS MUCH
Lakedawgs

Dear Sirs,
I really need your support.
Please let me know what exactly miner address refers to.
I have a fully compiled rig but cannot utilize it because the ‘Verification fields’ would not work either way.
Not even my IP4 address as IP address is accepted! It is no way to comprehend & tackle properly on my own.
The official video is only about intro to the SRMiner but there is no practice demo on NBMiner. Could you fix this shortage to help newcomers?
There are many people with successive proceed. So, it should be too difficult but somewhat tricky to arrive & solve it for the first time.
Thanks for your answer & help in advance.
Bandi

Choose a wallet from here: GetErg | Ergo Platform
I like the Ergo Wallet App, and SAFEW.

Next, create a wallet, and store your seed phrase in a safe place.
The wallet address for this new wallet is available from there and should look something like this:
9hJAqQFJ8qLiDbc8T77Az9L1hlQ3dkrkzzrSi3tvgQAsWuTtvtQ

That is your target for the miner app running on whatever mining hardware you have.

I hope this helps.

Dear Grayman,

Thanks for your readiness and fast reply.
As a I suspected, I provided a wallet address (ERG address from the WX network) as miner address.
The main difficulty is the miner IP address (IP4 or inet address). Whatever address I gave to the verification site, it always refused to accept as a valid IP address.
There was a person with same sort of difficulty and asked for help in the forum too, but there was a accidental solution. In my case, it does not work this way.
Could you please suggest something to this matter?
I highly appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.

I use herominers and a mixture of T-REX and Team Red miner…

None of these need an IP address in their config file… see here:
Best Ergo (ERG) Mining Pool (herominers.com)

Yes, I think this IP stuff is huge flop for the pool aggregator.
This is anything but supposed to be and work flawlessly.
Thanks for the advice. I will move on to other programs and pools.

Best wishes

1 Like