Node cannot sync

Hi there,

Yesterday i configured and started my node + wallet.

I tried to follow some posts already existing, but im affraid i was not able to fix it.

Currently i have my node and wallet running in a different machine from where im going to mine on a centOS machine.( on my first try i had at same machine, on windows 10)

Node version: 4.0.13
Using jar/docker: jar
java version: openjdk version “11.0.12” 2021-07-20 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.12+7-LTS)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.12+7-LTS, mixed mode, sharing)

command used: java -jar ergo-4.0.13.jar --mainnet -c ergo.conf
ergo.conf :

ergo {
node {
mining = true
}
}

scorex {
restApi {
# Hex-encoded Blake2b256 hash of an API key.
# Should be 64-chars long Base16 string.
# below is the hash of the string ‘hello’
# replace with your actual hash
apiKeyHash = “MYHASHKEY GOT FROM SWAGGER”
}
}

Perhaps, im also missing some basic info like:

• How much time normally it takes to fully sync?
  • Do i need to set node mining = true only after fully synced?

Thanks!

BR,
Joao

Also noticed that node shutdown by himself somewhere between height 48000 and 49000

Ok now i have everything fully sync. I have no ideia what i have done, just restart java process and let it run for 3/4 hours.

What is the average time for this?

For me starting with empty, I have to kill java maybe after 8 hours because it started to hog too much memory/cpu (don’t remember which). I think full sync was ~ 24 hours, but sure it may depend on you computer and network?

My Solution:
I had exactly the same problem. I was using ergo-4.0.13.jar and the wallet never showed my balance after I recovered it using the keys even though it show balance in the ergo explorer.
What I did:

1. Used an older version (4.0.5)
  2. delete content under ./ergo/wallet (I don’t know if it was necessary honestly)
  3. run java -jar ergo-4.0.5.jar --mainnet -c ergo.conf (set mining to true in ergo.config, I don’t know if this helped)
  4. Let it run and be patient until completely synch.
    ** I still experienced the constant exiting the synch in terminal and had to keep running the whole java -jar ergo-4.0.5…conf line every 2 or 4 hours, but this did not happen anymore once the whole blocks have been synchronized and now finally I am able to see my wallet balance and move ergos out of it