Imagine that we created an Ergo Platform app for Xbox that includes a miner/screen saver, some games, some kind of dropship merch shop, and some kind of branding and development around a stable coin.
I realize that doesn’t sound easy, but imagine for a moment that it is already done. Then we would have an app in a very popular ecosystem. It would provide gamers with a way to turn a small amount of electricity into a small amount of in-game currency. They could save it up to buy a new Xbox controller, or gift card. Or they could try to increase their holdings by competing with other players.
What do we get of this?
- An enormous increase in the potential user base, concurrent with an enormous increase in the distribution and availability of miners.
- Fiat on/off ramps at Microsoft’s expense, and under their wing.
- A new dynamic where the GPU miners are no longer at odds with the gamers.
What does Microsoft get out of this?
- Fees for the listing and sale of the Ergo game.
- A new type of user that runs their Xbox even when they are doing other things.
- A practical and genuine entry into the crypto space, with a project that is purer than Bitcoin and designed to leverage their platform.
How would we go about making this happen?
- Technical development of mining software on Xbox/Playstation for Autolykos2.
- Legal development of the entity that will negotiate with Microsoft (or Sony).
- Registration in their app marketplaces, and development of good games and a decent overall UX (crypto with training wheels).
- Manage the growth and adoption, maintain compatibility with the Ergo Platform stable releases, and development of new features.
Am I off my rocker? Or is this conceivable?