Discuss Desired Future Exchange Listings

Can at least get representation on TRADING VIEW ?

3 Likes

This will come automatically with larger exchange listings, hopefully when the new exchanges planned, do list Ergo we will ergo also on Trading View.

1 Like

What exchanges are on deck? When? Feels like an eternity of almost… but not quite

Are any of these 4 exchange listings coming any time soon?

That would help the liquidity as well as pricing for Ergo.

Can you share updates on these exchange listings?

Aeternity, oh no.

Those developers or the management team is full of jerks. I invested a bunch with the project and had to get out when the management has no idea about promotion or marketing. They are way too arrogant about their product and neither could deliver a strong product nor interested in marketing even their mediocre product.

Successful traders are patient. Successful traders never blame others for their bad decisions. The “marketing department” have delivered a brilliant outcome during a difficult market with two recent successful exchange listings. And there are more to come. It won’t be long before Ergo reaches the top 100, that will initiate even further success.

3 Likes

I was referring to Aeternity about marketing faults. I invested more than 100K and waited more than 3 years before loosing patience.

Ergo seems to be doing a good job. I am pointing all of my miners to Ergo at this time even the ones that are less profitable than Ethereum based on today’s price.

I am convinced that holding ERGO is a better play at this time than mining ETH.

1 Like

Reading futher again, I must clarify… I was talking about AE Coin ( Aeternity ) that had hiccups.

1 Like

lol good clarification

I think it’s critical to the future of Ergo to be listed on one of the large exchanges such as Coinbase and the time for that is now. I believe this is important particularly with the upcoming changes in the mining sphere as ETH heads to PoS in 2022.

From a security perspective one of the big weaknesses of Ergo Is the relatively small amount of hashrate that’s currently being applied. Currently it only takes a small amount of Ethereum miners pointing or removing their hashrate to/from Ergo to cause big swings in block time. This in turn results in big swings in difficulty which drive the cycle of hash power to and from Ergo.

Ergo needs this hash power and more of it to be secure and prevent a 51% attack. However at the current price level, it will not see sustained growth in hashpower. When miners move off of ETH that hash power will go elsewhere.

In order for prices to rise to levels that ensure Ergo gets the hash rate it needs, the coin needs to be listed on mainstream exchanges that are used by large institutional investors and by casual novice investors.

Increased investment and security will continuously drive further investment in the coin by speculators and by miners. This will of course be in addition to all the incredible technical features of Ergo that are being realized.

The developers have built a fantastic platform. It’s now time to market that to investors and to miners. The way to do that is to be shoulder to shoulder with the other PoW chains on the mainstream exchanges.

I cannot speak about any discussions with exchanges directly but I can give some a general overview of where we are, factors to consider, and future plans.

Since the last time I wrote on this forum, a lot has changed.

We have the Android Wallet and Viawallet giving users some options for mobile.

We have been added to Kucoin, Bitcoincom, Changelly, and Changelly Pro.

There has been a lot of change occurring that is not directly growth-oriented but has been more foundational.

Mining:

A significant shift is coming as miners redistribute their hashrate post ETH, moving to proof of stake. One of the main goals was to build out the underlying infrastructure (mining pools) to support hashrate growth while protecting the network’s security.

We started this process with 8 mining pools and Nano having a hashrate dominance of over 60%. Currently, we have 22 mining pools, and in the last 1000 blocks, the largest mining pool controls 38% of the hashrate. A few other large mining pools are currently considering testing and considering adding support for ERG mining.

One thing to keep in mind here is this is after a pretty sizeable macro disruption to mining markets (thanks to the CCP getting more aggressively anti-crypto). Miners in this jurisdiction appear to be able to mine through VPNs; however, they suffer a slight disadvantage due to a slower ping rate to their pool server.

Depending on how aggressive governments become, it may be good to start researching ways/tools we can provide miners in hostile jurisdictions. I imagine something like mining/running nodes through TOR etc., is a potential possibility.

Cross Chain:

MHS implementing the gravity core gives us the ability to bridge to other blockchains. Gravity will allow ERG to become a multichain asset listed on multiple DeXs on different blockchains. Each bridge will open that possibility, as well as potentially bring non-native assets onto Ergo/ErgoDex

Gravity also opens the door for the improved oracle pool v2 framework to see use and adoption outside of the Ergo ecosystem (see Gravity partners)

https://gravity.tech

Gravity offers a lot of untapped potential for ERG moving forward. I consider Waves/Gravity equally as crucial as the interoperability/partnership with Cardano. In the short term, it is probably more important as the Cardano network is still in the initial phases of rolling out/updating basic smart contract capabilities.

We have also entered into a core alliance with multiple UTXO blockchains. I believe in the long term it will be very fruitful in terms of research and further integration between networks.

https://utxo-alliance.org

Exchanges:

The Ergo Foundation is in the process of incorporating. This will assist us in positioning us for long-term growth. The Ergo Foundation was started as a DAO in 2019. A DOA was a helpful framework at the time; however underlying markets/regulations have changed a lot since 2019.

The presence of a legal entity that can sign as a liable counterparty is becoming increasingly important to work with the legal infrastructure that is being put in place to comply with the listing requirements, specifically in western markets (this becoming a global standard, it seems)

It may be helpful to understand regarding exchanges/exchange listings is the difference between a native asset integration and a mainnet integration.

Many tokens are projects that live on top of their blockchains. The underlying infrastructure for major chains such as ETH, BSC are already established. This allows ERC20 tokens etc., to list quickly with minimal technical integration requirements.

A mainnet integration requires much more technical integration, as the exchange needs to build a wallet, a scanner, connect that with their underlying trade engine, and test, test, test.

Not only is it a technical burden, but it also takes time.

Any estimate of the time that will take may or may not accurately reflect the actual time (see Changelly). I guess this comes with software development.

I often hear project Alice is listed at exchange Bob when project Alice is a native token. This is not an apple to apple comparison. Please keep this in mind.

A mainnet is a very different situation from being a native asset on a preexisting blockchain. I don’t think many traders appreciate the differences.

A native asset benefits from the base chain it is built from. On day 1 a native asset has access to preexisting infrastructure and often access to preexisting on-chain markets and liquidity. Also, take into account that many native tokens launch with ICO/VC funding.

The Ergo core team has been laying out what I feel is a pretty solid foundation to prepare for growth in miner adoption, cross-chain integrations, and Dex/Cex listing.

Foundational work is not always the most attractive, but it is essential.

Everything we have been putting in motion will support a larger, more robust Ergo ecosystem as we push forward.

5 Likes