Autolykos Set Up Issues? *HELP*

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to get the “Autolykos GPU Miner” up and running following the Github instructions on Windows 10 (GitHub - ergoplatform/Autolykos-GPU-miner: CUDA-based GPU miner for Ergo (Autolykos algorithm)).

I have managed to complete steps 1, 2 and 3 eventually. Now I’m stuck at step 4. I can’t find “secp256k1/buildwin.cmd” for the life of me and after many Google searches I’m at a loss. Even once I find it I’m not entirely sure what I need to do with it, the instructions seem kind of vague for this step however, that’s probably just me being unfamiliar with the terminology.

After step 3 I got the results I desired (I think - please see prt sc) showing SSL as a feature but I’m completely stuck at this point.

Could any of you experienced / knowledgeable guys possibly help a noob out and save my sanity before I loose the plot?

Many thanks in advance!

1 Like

Ergo has undergone a hardfork in Feb 2021, and we are now on Autolykos 2.0.

The above is for Autolykos 1.0 if I’m not mistaken

2.0 supports mining pools, so you probably want to run a pool miner.

I guess searching for “Autolykos 2.0” on Google should get you started.

(I’ll tag the concerned people to put a note about hardfork on older pages)

2 Likes

Ahh I see, well that would make sense, my naivety has let me down haha! I had just set up on Nanopool using the Yoroi wallet for the interim so I will no doubt just stick to that - I would doubt I have enough power for solo mining!

Many thanks for the response, it’s appreciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m having the exact same problem…