Revival of ergo forum

Since this program is still in the infancy stage, lets bring it onto the forum, lets make this forum active and work in synergies. I went through the space link provided, nothing much to write about.

For example, my region isnt represented, neither does anyone in my environs know about ergo.

This is to say the current approach isnt really working out. From my research about ergo it started around the time projects like NEAR, BSC etc were trying to develop their ecosystem.

This is a gov forum, let all activities be available here, lets know howfar marketing, community growth and development as gone.

Lets see successful regional communities, why they succeeded and why some didnā€™t and lets know where things are lacking.

One of the strong point of ecosystems people are building on and community participation is that everyone is busy and opened, everyone reads how things are done and try applying tactics provided by successful communities

1 Like

I went through the space link provided, nothing much to write about. For example, my region isnt represented, neither does anyone in my environs know about ergo.

It sounds like you have a lot to write about then? :slight_smile: What region and I can enable it?

This is to say the current approach isnt really working out. From my research about ergo it started around the time projects like NEAR, BSC etc were trying to develop their ecosystem.

NEAR/BSC are not really comparable projects, they have huge backing and a different set of aims and needs. Ergo had a fair start and is building a whole platform from the grassroots, not just an ETH fork.

Iā€™ve been trying to get access to this forum to tidy it up and move stuff over - but the community marketing chats are already open and public if youā€™re keen.

2 Likes

I have alot because i have been in the community for long and been observing things, when i saw the gov forum i was happy to say, as i saw its inactivity here, i decided to take such actions.:grinning:

Thanks am opened

1 Like

Ah I see, I didnā€™t recognise your name from that chats.

The NEAR Form looks good; thanks for sharing. It uses the same platform but this forum is more general. Maybe deploying a new forum might be tidier.

2 Likes

Exactly
I always tell projects generally, make the environment favourable to growth. That is what NEAR and Celo is doing.

Just a remodeling of the forum that it will be easy to navigate

2 Likes

The Near forum does indeed look very well organized . Great share

2 Likes

So if possible let get things rolling and use the already existing projects and usecase on ergo to make productivity better

1 Like

As you can see you guys have to change this interface

1 Like

The AFRICA REGION ISNT STILL ENABLED and i want to know is there particular Guildance you guys have for regional growth, Because i have series of activities i occasionally do to grow a community

1 Like

Sigmanauts are active here on the forum, on Twitter, Reddit, etc. But the program itself, isnā€™t suited for another platform ATM. We have Discord and t.me. (bridged), and the program itself isnā€™t really designed to be public.

One perk of the program is access to a few restricted channels- one of those being the Sigmanaut group where we: promote ongoing efforts, chat, propose and vote on applicants and program structure.

Please consider applying for the introductory role - SigCAN (Sigmanaut Candidate) - if you are:

• helping Ergo grow in any measurable way
  • will vote/ interact with Sigmanaut group
  • agree to hold yourself to high standards when representing program/ Ergo

The Registration Form for anyone interested. :slightly_smiling_face:

NOTE: The Sigmanaut Program is in its infancy, ATM one end-goal is to form a Sigmanaut DAO for program governance. Also, you donā€™t have to be artistic or creative to be a Sigmanaut & the Program is nowhere near a full-time commitment.

1 Like

I have applied no reply, but seriously i need ergo in AFRICA

1 Like

You have some really good points and ideas worth exploring IMO.

One thing notable with Ergo, compared to most other smart contract chains, is the tokenomics & Public vs Private token distribution rates.

&

Itā€™s a process currently to get SigCAN invite, I saw you filled out form, you should hear something in a week or two max.

Weā€™re slow sometimes and the process isnā€™t completely automated yet unfortunately. DAOs canā€™t come fast enough, trust me lol.

1 Like

Thanks but why is decision making slow on ergo ?

The community needs to look into this because if this inefficiencies stay for long the platform will look like a joke.

I see many people are putting efforts into marketing, i see marketing to be community based because it seems we are just recycling the same strategies day in and out

Because slow is better.
Going fast and breaking things is fine for tech R&D, but the Ergo Platform is a financial services project.

Creating the mentality that people need to lose sleep to grow the tech will lead to bad mistakes that are not even worth making. We are already beating the crap out of Ethereum and Bitcoin, they just donā€™t know it yet. Bitcoin is too slow, Ethereum raced right off a cliff into centralization.

This is not a gaming startup.

2 Likes

Come be part of the program, make it better in whatever way you can!

I had to manually make a SigCAN thread for you. You were over the character limit, so the bot couldnā€™t process your application.

2 Likes

So what is the next step, because it seems the sigcan page is down

1 Like

Thanks for the recap, i dont know where the sigcan group on discord is, and no announcements regarding meeting time was announced.

Am i missing something

Hi, you can come onto the main ergo discord server here: Ergo Platform
Ping me once there @drehaf
The meeting was for the sigmanaut group so you didnā€™t miss anything :wink: