Is it possible to create proof of storage (IPFS) nodes on Ergo?

Think about how this would allow the CHinese to access a decentralized web. I also was thinking China might ban ASICS one day (low prob but still) but they couldnt get rid of gpus. Also, IPFS had a horrible ICO.

WHat about other nodes like proof of MIxnet nodes (NYM)? They hae proof of stake for transactions but then proof of mixnet nodes for something the NSA couldnt even track. THis makes it superior to TOR but in countries that have banned VPNs and the like as well as crypto, GPU POW has staying power. STill, china has much of BTCs hash as they just use smaller rigs.

Id love to learn how to do this and build ontop of ERG.

I think that what you suggest is better suited to a side chain, and I am interested.

The closest thing to what I want is ARWeave, but I am very skeptical of their tokenomics and their resiliency in the face of likely challenges to Moore’s Law due to “supply chain issues”.

Prince De Broglie, a great man who first articulated the wave nature of electrons, used to wrap his wires in waxed string to provide insulation when conducting experiments; and he trusted himself, not others to do every part of the task. It feels like modern crypto is similarly dysfunctional.

I think that the system we want has yet to be created.

I think that Ergo could provide a great payment, insurance, and final settlement structure for a system like what we want, like a coin for a truth-box. Now the size of that box, its encryption and impairment, its metadata, and a lot of other issues would need to be settled. This isn’t WikiLeaks, but many of the same issues are of concern. I don’t know how to solve all of those issues, but the first amendment of the US constitution would seem to support the right to make such data public, whether or not it is encrypted. The standard counterarguments would apply, regarding slander/libel, incitement to violence or vandalism, harassment, etc. Most of that shit ends up being civil though.

This requires a lot of thought and many discussions to hammer out a basic prototype, much less a stab at a functional, defendable, secure archival distributed system. I know that I will be uploading episodes of Gilligan’s Island, upconverted to 4K, and then compressed, with touchups. And maybe Mystery Science Theater 3000, particularly S1E4. But not if it costs me week’s food…

1 Like